· Relationships are the key to a healthy ministry.
· A healthy 'pathfinder' ministry reaches not only the 'pathfinder', but the entire family.
· You WILL encounter conflict, so learn some effective tools of conflict management.
· Don't be a Lone Ranger 'pathfinder director'. A team of leaders is essential.
· Don't forget the value of student leadership in your ministry.
· Continually evaluate what you're doing. Remember what worked in one location or church may not work in another...and vice versa.
· Don't come in and change everything at once.
· Be gentle with yourself - the first two years in a ministry are very difficult.