August 27-29 LEADERSHIP WEEKEND
Theme: "POWER UP"
Philippines 4:13 - "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."
PLEASE READ info on this page
• All adult Pathfinder Staff are encouraged to attend.
• TLTs (grades 9-12) are invited to attend accompanied by their Club staff.
• A completed Permission & Medical Consent Form must be on site for each person under 18.
• Because this weekend is an intensive training weekend and there is no programming for Junior Pathfinders or younger children, it is encouraged that they do not attend
VOLUNTEER STAFF APPROVAL – ADULTS
• All adult attendees (ages 18 and above) are required to be approved as “volunteer staff” with the KYTN Conference to work with Pathfinders and Adventurers.
• If a background check and training has expired (valid for 3 years), or the KYTN Conference office has no record of a “volunteer staff approval,” then the adult must fill out a Volunteer Information Form as part of the on-site registration process. Applications will be available at the registration table (You can find them ahead of time at https://www.kytnpathfinders.org/club-registration---registro-del-club.html
• Because we will have minors possibly staying in the same room as adults, we ask that everyone be current or working on being cleared through Sterling Volunteer at ncsrisk.org/Adventist
CAFETERIA MEALS & MENU
• Your registration fee includes three meals on Sabbath-breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals
• Snacks will be provided on Friday evening
• Sunday breakfast available at an additional fee ($10)
• Vegan and gluten-free options will be available upon request. If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please click here and fill out this form for the cafeteria director: https://forms.gle/EdEis1yvBZWnNseB9
• The standard rate allows you to stay in one of the cabins with up to 10 more people (1 Queen bed/5 sets bunk beds/ bath). Please expect to stay with the males or females coming with your club unless prior arrangements have been made.
• Private guest rooms are available (if you are coming as a couple and prefer to stay together) at an additional $30 per night per person/couple. An additional person would be $15. (1 Queen bed/ 1 set bunk beds/bath/AC& Heat).
• In all cases you must bring your linen, blankets, pillows, towels, and personal hygiene items.
NO pets are allowed to be brought to Indian Creek Camp. Please plan accordingly.
PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE & WORKSHOP GRID
Friday Oct 4 NO SUPPER PROVIDED!
Review the Preliminary Weekend Schedule and Preliminary Workshop Grid (link below)
) for your planning purposes. Expect that some workshop times may change prior to Leadership Weekend.
Glen Milam, our featured speaker, is a Pathfinder Coordinator for the North American Division & chairperson of the Pathfinder Ministries Resource & Leadership Development Focus Group. He & his wife Darlene are the original authors of the Teen Leadership Training (TLT) program. They serve as local Pathfinder club directors & have served as local Adventurer Directors & Conference Executive Adventurer Coordinators. He's been involved in Pathfinder leadership for almost 40 years.
Items to Bring:
Class A Uniform - Sabbath morning
Bible - Notebook & Pen
Club Field Shirt or Conference shirt, optional
for Sabbath afternoon
Casual Clothes - Pajamas
Bedding & pillow
Towels & toiletries
Umbrella or raincoat
Camp chair & Water Bottle, optional
ATTIRE FOR THE WEEKEND
• Friday – Field Uniform (club or district t-shirt)
• Sabbath Morning – Class-A Dress Uniform (for worship)
• Sabbath Afternoon & Night – Field Uniform or TLT Uniform (club, district, or TLT t-shirt)
• Sunday Morning. – Vintage or favorite Pathfinder clothing
YEARS OF SERVICE PINS
At the camporee, we would like to award service pins to adult staff for the completion of their previous years of service. Please report to us your years of service when you check in at the chapel Friday night.
In the future, we would love to have an investiture service on Sabbath morning for Master Guides and TLTs. Please refer to the Investiture Planning page if a staff member from your club will be ready to be invested.
With the rising COVID numbers again, we wanted to let you know of a few things that will be different this year. Camp has a COVID questionnaire and waiver that we will have each person fill out upon arrival. We will take your temp and write that on the form as well. Please, check in at the chapel foyer facing the parking lot when you arrive.
We are keeping our numbers to 50% capacity in the chapel and cafeteria, which means 200. We are also trying to keep the numbers in the cabins lower as well. Couples, please plan on lodging with the men and women respectively from your group as we don't have a lot of extra cabins available to accommodate all the couples coming. If you would prefer to be together, we do have a limited number of hotel units below the cabins that are available for $30/night in addition to what you have already paid for the weekend. Please let me know soon if this would be your preference, so I can finalize housing needs for the camp.
There are a few other protocols that we will follow to help lower the risk of spread. We will limit our singing in the chapel. Instead of doing a song service before each general session, we would love to hear a few special music selections. Please let us know if there is anyone from your group willing or interested. For our general sessions, we will be opening up the chapel so that we can space out our seating. We recommend mask wearing indoors though we will not require them and hand sanitizer will be in each of the meeting areas.
Please for the safety of others, if you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home. Your certification is not as important as everyone’s health.
TLTs and those working on Master Guide should bring their binder to Leadership weekend to receive signatures on required seminars and keep any handouts/notes to show appropriate documentation.
In the future, we would love to invest any Master Guides or TLTs here or during the camporee. We also understand it is neat to invest at the home churches so the church can be a part of it too. Let us know if you have any that are getting close that would be interested in getting invested here or during the camporee.
List of items the KYTN Pathfinder Office needs to know for planning purposes.
1. A copy of the Master Guide record card showing all the requirements initialed and dated.
2. Master Guide portfolio showing all of the requirements that has been approved by the Master Guide Coordinator.
3. List Investiture Achievement Levels (Friend to Guide) the Candidate has completed.
4. Name, Address, and Church name where candidate is a member and working with a club. 5. Name, Address, and Church name of the Master Guide investing the candidate (Chosen by the Master Guide Candidate)
6. Date, location, and event of planned investiture.
By returning the above information the following investiture items will be provided to the Candidate free of charge:
1. Master Guide Scarf
2. Master Guide Slide
3. Master Guide large crest patch for sash
4. Master Guide pocket strip patch for above left pocket
5. Master Guide pin for left pocket
6. Master Guide Star patch for left sleeve without Class Level chevrons – OR – Master Guide Star patch with Class Level chevrons if all the Class Levels have been completed.
7. Master Guide Certificate.