August 26-28 LEADERSHIP WEEKEND
Theme: "NO LIMITS"
Psalms 147:5 - "Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite."
PLEASE READ info on this page
• All adult Pathfinder Staff are encouraged to attend.
• TLTs (grades 9-12) are invited to attend accompanied by their Club staff.
• A completed Permission & Medical Consent Form must be on site for each person under 18.
• Because this weekend is an intensive training weekend and there is no programming for Junior Pathfinders or younger children, it is encouraged that they do not attend
VOLUNTEER STAFF APPROVAL – ADULTS
• All adult attendees (ages 18 and above) are required to be approved as “volunteer staff” with the KYTN Conference to work with Pathfinders and Adventurers.
• If a background check and training has expired (valid for 3 years), or the KYTN Conference office has no record of a “volunteer staff approval,” then the adult must fill out a Volunteer Information Form as part of the on-site registration process. Applications will be available at the registration table (You can find them ahead of time at https://www.kytnpathfinders.org/club-registration---registro-del-club.html
• Because we will have minors possibly staying in the same room as adults, we ask that everyone be current or working on being cleared through Sterling Volunteer at ncsrisk.org/Adventist
CAFETERIA MEALS & MENU
• Your registration fee includes three meals on Sabbath-breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals
• Snacks will be provided on Friday evening
• Sunday breakfast available at an additional fee ($10)
• Vegan and gluten-free options will be available upon request. If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please click here and fill out this form for the cafeteria director: https://forms.gle/EdEis1yvBZWnNseB9
• The standard rate allows you to stay in one of the cabins with up to 10 more people (1 Queen bed/5 sets bunk beds/ bath). Please expect to stay with the males or females coming with your club unless prior arrangements have been made.
• Private guest rooms are available (if you are coming as a couple and prefer to stay together) at an additional $30 per night per person/couple. An additional person would be $15. (1 Queen bed/ 1 set bunk beds/bath/AC& Heat).
• In all cases you must bring your linen, blankets, pillows, towels, and personal hygiene items.
NO pets are allowed to be brought to Indian Creek Camp. Please plan accordingly.
Items to Bring:
Class A Uniform - Sabbath morning
Bible - Notebook & Pen
Club Field Shirt or Conference shirt, optional
for Sabbath afternoon
Casual Clothes - Pajamas
Bedding & pillow
Towels & toiletries
Umbrella or raincoat
Camp chair & Water Bottle, optional
ATTIRE FOR THE WEEKEND
• Friday – Field Uniform (club or district t-shirt)
• Sabbath Morning – Class-A Dress Uniform (for worship)
• Sabbath Afternoon & Night – Field Uniform or TLT Uniform (club, district, or TLT t-shirt)
• Sunday Morning. – Vintage or favorite Pathfinder clothing
YEARS OF SERVICE PINS
At the camporee, we would like to award service pins to adult staff for the completion of their previous years of service. Please report to us your years of service when you check in at the chapel Friday night.
In the future, we would love to have an investiture service on Sabbath morning for Master Guides and TLTs. Please refer to the Investiture Planning page if a staff member from your club will be ready to be invested.
TLTs and those working on Master Guide should bring their binder to Leadership weekend to receive signatures on required seminars and keep any handouts/notes to show appropriate documentation.
In the future, we would love to invest any Master Guides or TLTs here or during the camporee. We also understand it is neat to invest at the home churches so the church can be a part of it too. Let us know if you have any that are getting close that would be interested in getting invested here or during the camporee.
List of items the KYTN Pathfinder Office needs to know for planning purposes.
1. A copy of the Master Guide record card showing all the requirements initialed and dated.
2. Master Guide portfolio showing all of the requirements that has been approved by the Master Guide Coordinator.
3. List Investiture Achievement Levels (Friend to Guide) the Candidate has completed.
4. Name, Address, and Church name where candidate is a member and working with a club. 5. Name, Address, and Church name of the Master Guide investing the candidate (Chosen by the Master Guide Candidate)
6. Date, location, and event of planned investiture.
By returning the above information the following investiture items will be provided to the Candidate free of charge:
1. Master Guide Scarf
2. Master Guide Slide
3. Master Guide large crest patch for sash
4. Master Guide pocket strip patch for above left pocket
5. Master Guide pin for left pocket
6. Master Guide Star patch for left sleeve without Class Level chevrons – OR – Master Guide Star patch with Class Level chevrons if all the Class Levels have been completed.
7. Master Guide Certificate.