DRILL & MARCH
(Pathfinder Fair Event)
Event Information & Rules
Drill Teams - Show your best marching moves and free style drill...!
Registration: All Drill Teams must register at club registration at the Fair.
Judging: The Pathfinder Club Drill Manual will be the standard by which all judging will be based. The judge’s final score will be the official score and no changes will be allowed. All scores are kept confidential until it is officially announced.
Awards: Ribbons will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place categories. There may be more than one winner in each category.
On entering the floor, each Drill Master must state the following:
To Exit: The Drill Master is to end performance with a hand salute to the Drill Commander and immediate dismissal of team.
Time: Each Drill Team will be allotted up to 4 minutes maximum to perform. Time on the floor begins when the Drill Master’s initial hand salute is returned. Time on the floor will end at the final salute.
Scoring: There will be a total of 200 points total possible.
Penalties: Time less than 2 1/2 minutes or over 3 minutes – 1 point for each 30 seconds. (Or decision of judges)
Loss of pointsare as follows:
Required Drill: When executing these commands in the sequence on your list, there may be instances when another command must be executed before the next command listed can be executed. This variation is permitted. (Following a sequence of commands helps the judges in scoring each Drill Team.)
The Drill Team should start and complete the Required Drill commands in the center of the floor facing the judges. All Drill Team members must perform the Required Drill, but in the sequence the Drill Master has chosen. The Drill Master is allowed to carry a card with the commands written on it. Teams will give three (3) copies of their order of commands to the judges before taking floor.
Required Drill commands are:
Fair Drill Teams: Need inspiration? Want to include new moves?
Check out two videos on www.youtube.com :
CLASS A UNIFORM:
- Black shoes, black socks, suntan shirt (short sleeve), and black pants or skirt, black belt with Pathfinder buckle, sash, yellow Pathfinder scarf with Pathfinder slide, full insignia in proper places.
- Shoes should be black athletic-type (tennis) shoes or dress shoes. (No heels, sandals, wedges, open-toes or flip-flops)
- Socks – If wearing a skirt or culottes, all socks in a club should be at the same length. (nylons acceptable for services in a church only, club decision)
- Pants - dress-type slacks, plain; No jeans or cargo pants. No spandex, low-waist, or Capri’s. NO shiny material, NO studs or rhinestones. Culottes are permitted at the proper length. Both girls & boys are permitted to wear pants.
- Skirts – A-line, straight or culotte, with a length in the knee area, plain; NO short skirts, NO ankle-length, mini or maxi, spandex, long slits, low waist (hip-hugger). NO shiny material.
- Hats – (Drill Team or Color Guard)
- INSIGNIA PLACEMENT - Please consult the NAD Pathfinder Staff Manual addendum 2016 for placement of patches, etc. In addition, the left uniform sleeve should display the Conference patch and So. Union patch touching each other, and the world patch below, in that order from top to bottom. The right sleeve displays the club name crescent and the Pathfinder triangle patch. If you have any other questions, consult your Area Coordinator or Conference Coordinator.